Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeanti GamersSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost SJYwkAZ 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Rp9UHaV 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost X7IrYQs 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Adl0eyc 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Mz6yNXS 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost IltVI1l 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost C8nqG0n 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost LTzjS19
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Poll
Should anti-G switch to raidcall
Raidcall
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Vote_lcap38%18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Vote_lcap63%18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Vote_rcap
 63% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8
Latest topics
» BoX
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 6/26/2015, 4:47 am

» microwave (or otherwise easy) recipes
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 11/3/2013, 10:12 pm

» 20. Storm Spirit
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 10/23/2013, 4:47 am

» 19. Basic Mid-Lane Fundamentals
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 10/18/2013, 6:51 am

» 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 9/6/2013, 3:20 pm

» 17. Nevermore the Shadow Fiend Build Discussion
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 7/27/2013, 4:52 am

» 16. Broodmother One-Minute Guide
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby BoX 7/27/2013, 4:24 am

» LawLeR
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby LawLeR 7/3/2013, 6:40 am

» dobb
18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Emptyby dobb 6/3/2013, 9:15 pm

18. Chen and Opportunity Cost

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BoX

BoX

18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Empty
PostSubject: 18. Chen and Opportunity Cost   18. Chen and Opportunity Cost Empty9/6/2013, 3:20 pm

At some level, DotA is still a strategy game and requires some amount of strategic thinking. More than "I can do X against Y," you must think "I can do either A or B, but not both."

Where are you going to ward? You cannot ward everywhere. How are you going to spend your gold? You cannot buy everything. Are you going to split push or defend? You cannot be in both places.

We thus require a deeper understanding of our heroes, and a deeper understanding of the game and the state of affairs.

These days when I play Gyrocopter (and I rarely play him these days), I am loath to make Drums. This hero has no movement speed issues, no shortage of mana, and attack speed is a minor consideration. I stop at the bracer: the opportunity cost of finishing drums is too high for the benefit.

I've recently been playing Chen, and this hero is presented with several strategic choices. First, every item you buy delays your Mekansm. Is Arcane boots worth going first? No. What about wards so your other support isn't dirt poor? It's harder to say.

Do you spend time trying to gank, which will delay your own development? Do you help your safe-lane defend an aggressive tri-lane or do you 2-2-1 offensively?

When you have engaged in a skirmish and are left weak, do you go back to the well or crow yourself regen? Here we arrive at a deviation. Compared with other supports, your opportunity cost of running back to the well to heal is too high. You can continue to gain levels and gold in the jungle. Bring yourself some pots and clarities Wink
Back to top Go down

18. Chen and Opportunity Cost
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: anti-G DotA School :: Afterschool Tutoring-
Jump to: